The following article, Wen Li, needs to be rewritten. You may help The Demon's Light Wiki by rewriting Wen Li to match the format of The Demon's Light Wiki.
Wen Li is a main character in The Demon's Light. He owns a plant shop named Plant Empire in Silivia with his wife Yu Li. He is a former taxi driver, police officer, and employee of Alchemilia Corporation.
Wen Li is an elderly man, though spry and upright for his age. He has thinning whitish gray hair, short and tousled, alongside a wispy mustache and goatee. He often wears clothes in muted tones, usually dressed casually. While not working, he prefers wearing a variety of robes with various prints.
In his introduction in "Carpe Diem," he wears a dark blue collared shirt and beige pants.
In "Primo Victoria" through "The Less I Know the Better," he wears a double-breasted jacket with a stand collar and silver buttons, long gloves, combat boots, and a driving cap. The outfit is entirely black.
In his youth, Wen Li was strong and independent, and at a surface level appeared somewhat uncaring, impulsive and even cocky. He often believed he did not need to rely on the help of others and rather it was the opposite. He was also quite impressionable. For most of his life, he grew up without his mother, which led to his almost seemingly lack of empathy. Nonetheless, deep down, he is a caring and kind soul.
Later in life, Li also became rather generous and trusting, in addition to gaining a "kindly older man" demeanor. He appears now somewhat cynical and apathetic, even doddering sometimes. Other times, he appears to be a genial old man, jocular and amusing. To many, his actions come off as eccentric and unpredictable. He rarely, however, becomes angered or frustrated and keeps it contained.
Li often has a strong sentimental attachment to objects, thinking of them as sort of an anchor for him.
Wen Li was the second son born to Shen and Sunshine Li in a private hospital in northern Hala. After being fed up by Sunshine's antics and abusiveness, in 255 TP, Shen and Li boarded a ferry to Thales, where Shen acquired a job as a textile merchant in Port City. Sunshine kept his brother, Tengfei, in Hala.
However, in 268 TP, a recession started. His son Wen stepped up and became employed as a taxi driver. Li was easily exhausted, working countless hours as a taxi driver to support them. The time came when the recession ended and Shen, seeing Li as a better person, told him to live his own life.
Eventually losing his taxi job, Li gained a more resilient attitude within his few months unemployed and became determined to follow through with acquiring a stable job. He soon found it too, when he met Didier Arsene. Impressed with his attitude and determination, Didier hired him immediately.
Li and Didier soon became very close friends, a new experience for him — friendship. Li quickly became one of Didier's most trusted allies and executives. Li spent many years working for Didier, and even knew his young son Gabriel. But Li, disgusted by basic human rights violations he had discovered going on, quit after Didier refused to do anything about it, noting they were doing a "fine job."
However, Li was also inspired. He decided to enroll at the Silivian Institute of Biology to pursue a degree in botany, something he was fascinated by in his earlier years. This was where he met Yu Li, who would eventually become his wife. They studied together and, for the first legitimate time in Li's life, he felt love. After the two graduated, they married and Yu convinced Li to open a plant shop — Plant Empire.
They began traveling the world as much as they could in their free time. Li experienced many diverse cultures across Euclid and, in turn, was affected by them. They shaped his view of the world from a twisted place to something full of beauty. One time, a massive heat wave had struck Silivia, leading the two to close down shop and move to Muné for two months.
In Li's later life, he became more involved with his aging father. Li, too, was aging, and Shen suggested he hire Da Chang, the son of two of Shen's good friends. Da became very trusted and lifted some of a burden from Li, to which Li rewarded him greatly for. Shen once again became sickly and frail, which halted Yu and Li's travels. They focused more on working at Plant Empire, where they eventually moved into, and started breeding his own varieties of flowers.
- Advanced driving skills - As a taxi driver and later as an officer, Li learned a variety of driving techniques. This includes driving calmly and safely, avoiding road hazards, driving well in bad weather and low lighting, and having a solid knowledge of emergency procedures. He is considered an expert at driving.
- Automobile repair - As an officer, Li learned how to repair and maintain vehicles for normal use. He can detect problems with relative ease.
- Card-playing - He knows a few card games and plays them with family and friends sometimes.
- Fishing - Li is pretty good at fishing, a skill he picked up from his father.
- Harmonica-playing - He likes to play the harmonica.
- Leadership - He tries his best at this.
- Strategic combat - Li knows how to use anything at his disposal to fight, and analyzes situations as they happen. He knows when to fight and when not to.
- Tennis-playing - Li and his wife play tennis together every few weeks.
- Varied vehicular operation - Li can operate almost any vehicle on a basic level. He holds an Everyman's License, which legally allows him to operate any civilian vehicle. He is particularly skilled in cars and other wheeled vehicles, speedboats, and some small planes.
- In Season Two, he takes on the use of a cane.
- He strongly dislikes using his reading glasses.
- Li's harmonica was an anniversary gift from his wife.
|Port City Eight:||Atticus Anoethite • Blossom Cane • Chris Wellington • Marshall Rooke • Melissa Devlin • Samuel Brownlee • Steven Devlin • Wen Li|
|Search Party:||Charles Wellington • Dexter Wellington • Florence Carnation • Jordan Walesh • Lisa Fiss • Savannah Whitesmith|
|Alchemilia Corp.:||Baptiste Rousseau • Gabriel Arsene • John Fontaine|
|N-D Coalition:||Blackmore Veers • Cicero • Dasim • Cressida Lancaster|
|Richard Devlin • Xeren • Zade Santello • Minor Characters|