The following is a list of policies for The Demon's Light Wiki.
- Be respectful to everyone. Do not insult or harass other users.
- Do not use any racial or gender slurs, or any word relating to human genitalia.
- Do not incite or continue drama.
- Do not troll the chat.
- This refers to various things, but a few examples are frequently bringing up inappropriate or odd topics, disruptive behavior, or spamming.
- Do not discuss, make light of, link, or show images of sensitive topics in the chatroom.
- This includes, but is not limited to: sexual topics, murder, rape, and real-life deaths.
- Do not spam the chat.
- "Spam" is defined as the abuse of emoticons or the /me command, the use of more than sixteen letters of capital letters, repeated blank space, the flooding of the chat by words and/or sentences in rapid succession.
- Do not abuse multiple accounts.
- Generally, users are allowed only one account on the wiki. Wiki staff and approved users may have alternate bot accounts to perform certain tasks, however.
- The use of sockpuppets, an alternative account used to evade a ban or block on a main account, is forbidden.
- Users are allowed to switch accounts, but should notify others about the change first and not switch between new accounts constantly.
- Do not feed the trolls.
- Feeding a troll is defined as providing commentary on or antagonizing a user trolling, joining the troll in their disruption, or frequently commenting on kicks and bans.
- Do not constantly mention and advertise your wiki.
- Please be aware that the linking of chats of any form (ex: other wiki chats, Discord servers) is forbidden. The purpose of this is to prevent chat-raiding and migration.
- Please stay on-topic during roleplay discussions.
- Due to the importance of the topic, users are asked to stay on-topic to roleplay discussions currently happening in the chat. They are advised to take off-topic discussions into P.M., any user failing to listen to warnings to stay on-topic will be punished at moderator discretion.
- Due to the exclusive nature of such, Private Messages (PMs) are generally non-moderated areas and users are asked to block anyone they feel uncomfortable talking to.
- This generally applies to Group PMs as well. However, if the Group PM is large enough to contain a majority of the chat and moderators are also present, rules may be enforced depending on the circumstances.
- Please do not post out-of-character or off-topic and irrelevant posts to RP threads. Such messages will be deleted, with a warning and/or block following if the issue persists.
- Please do not chapter-throw.
- "Chapter-throwing" is defined as: significantly derailing an established story-line through an intrusive character introduction or a random major event/action, etc.
- It is important to remember that this is a highly broad term. Sometimes, rather than staff easily identifying and removing a chapter-throwing reply, it may be required for a discussion by current roleplayers. As a general guideline, always remember to talk to other roleplayers first when you plan to introduce a plot-changing action.
- Please do not engage in not safe for work [NSFW] roleplay.
- Infraction of this rule will result in the immediate editing/removal of your post. Depending on past infractions, your obvious intentions, and the severity, further punishment (removal from roleplay, blocking) may be applied at moderator discussion.
- Please do not god-mod without permission.
- "God-modding" during a roleplay is defined as: invincibility, instant-kill attacks, the controlling of other characters, omniscience, etc.
- Rarely, it may be required of a user to perform insignificant actions with another user's character (ex: having said character enter a vehicle) to advance the plot further. Such instances should always be discussed with the other user to determine if they are okay with you doing so.
- It is important to remember that god-modding is not always extreme and intentional. Sometimes, you may unintentionally god-mod, and slowly derail the roleplay. Here are some questions to ask yourself to determine if you may have god-modded: Did your character have any way of knowing where this location was? Was it established your character already had a convenient item? Did you give another character reaction time to your attack?
- All users portraying "main characters" in the roleplay are required to have an understudy. This is needed so that progress is not halted if a certain user is unavailable.
Roleplayer Reviews is a biannual event in which roleplayers look at other roleplayer's performance in the roleplay and determine whether their character — and their roleplayer — is a good fit for the TDLRP. This will not result in a suspension unless they have not been active in the roleplay for at least 6 months. These reviews will occur on May 15th and November 15th, lasting for 2 weeks.
- The Demon's Light roleplay series takes place in a post-apocalyptic world that is caught in a struggle between demons and angels. All pages should be set in the timeline of the RP, with no relations to the modern world and modern times.
- Please ensure that all pages that you create are entitled correctly, with proper capitalization and spelling.
- Unless it is a location page or something similar, please include a minimum of three hundred words, as well as detailed sentences on your page, with all necessary information, such as background, appearance, personality, abilities, and trivia. More can be added on if chosen, but those are needed basics. Any page under three hundred words will be marked as a stub.
- No NSFW pages. Any created will be deleted upon discovery and the author will face, at least, a month-long block.
- When creating an OC (original character), please begin the page in a personal sandbox until it meets the page qualifications. Any OC page created before the qualifications are met will be moved to the author's sandbox and the original page will be deleted.
- Please ensure that your page has correct grammar. This does not mean your page has to be grammatically perfect to fit this guideline, as other users can fix small errors.
- Please ensure that your page does not have any copyrighted material.
- Creators of pages have authority over their pages. Only grammatical errors and updates regarding things that have happened in the roleplay are allowed to be done by anyone. Any other edits, especially major edits, by other users need to have been approved by the creator beforehand, lest they count as vandalism. Administrators and content moderators still have the authority to delete low-quality pages, however.
- All pages must follow these guidelines. If a page has been marked as a stub for longer than a month, it will be then marked for deletion. Failure to improve the page will result in the page being deleted. If you are not a content moderator or administrator, you may mark pages as stubs or for deletion to help Staff members.
- To be eligible to vote in any discussion, a user must have made their first edit on the wiki no less than one week prior to the start of a discussion.
- In order for a proposal to pass, it needs 51% support. In order for a User Rights Request to pass, it needs 67% support.
- Proposals and User Rights Requests generally remain open for seven days; however, administrators, assistants, and Discussions moderators are allowed to close proposals early after five days of voting if they receive a supermajority of 67% support.
- When voting on proposals, if you do not include such things as "Support," "Oppose," or "Neutral" when voting, your vote will be counted as invalid and deleted from the post by either an admin or a Discussions Moderator.
- Please be aware that you are not allowed to vote for yourself.
- You are not allowed to vote for yourself. While you can support proposals you create by casting a vote, you are not allowed to vote for yourself on user right requests and User of the Month votes. If you vote for yourself, the vote will be deleted by either an admin or Discussions Moderator and therefore cast out.
- Do not vote more than once.
- If you vote more than once on a Discussions post, the vote will be deleted and cast out.
- Do not use alts to vote.
- If it is discovered that you are voting multiple times using alts, you will be blocked for a week and all your alts will be blocked for infinite.
- Administration Reviews (ARs) are staff reviews that occur biannually. These typically occur on January 10th and July 10th, and last for 2 weeks. In these reviews, you can vote either in favor of keeping individual staff members of TDL or vote to suspend, demote them to a lower position, or remove their rights fully. Staff being reviewed can not vote for themselves. It is encouraged to keep the discussion civil and give helpful feedback so staff members can improve. Grudge votes and friend votes will be discounted in the final vote tally. In order for a user to be demoted, suspended, or demoted to a lower position, there must be at least 67% support in favor of such.